Friday, May 27, 2011

20 Questions



I feel like we all need a good laugh, since most of our previous days have been filled with plenty of sorrow. So here is my attempt to return a smile or maybe even a chuckle to your day.
Addi is getting older. With increased age, comes increased awareness of your surroundings (oh, and increased questions). This morning Addi finally asked me about pregnancy, babies, bellies and such. I felt I was deferring all questions quite well, until...."mom how do babies get in your belly...?" Uhm, (insert panic, insert nervous giggles, insert something that might make a bit of sense)..."well, see God puts a baby in your belly." That seemed to-the-point and I thought it was the perfect answer. Then she asked "mom, but how does Jesus put the baby in your belly, I don't think it fits...?" My fabulously, quick-witted answer "MAGIC!" Damn, smooth...not so much...magic, what kind of answer was that? Epic parenting fail! Addi responded with "oh, ok...so Jesus puts a baby in your belly with magic...so he just waives his magic wand and...." I could just see the wheels turning in her head. Poor child is going to grow up wondering while all of the photographic depictions of Christ have left out his...'magic wand'.

No comments:

Post a Comment